[su_note note_color=”#fffb66″ text_color=”484848″]Updated: To install a .apk file on a Nokia Lumia, go here. You may safely put an apk file on a Windows phone using the procedure shown below.[/su_note]
About Nokia Lumia (Window Phone)
The Windows phones have the courtesy of the features they introduced to the world in their mobile phones. This is a fact that the windows phone has superior functions than any Android or iOS smartphone. However, despite its popularity, the windows phones are not so popular owing to infrequent upgrades and a lack of decent applications. You can only get certain well-known apps and games from the app store for it. To install Apk on a Nokia Lumia, you must follow these steps.
The Nokia Lumia series is a line of smartphones produced by Nokia and distributed worldwide on the Windows operating system. This is the first time that a smartphone has been powered by the Windows operating system. You can download applications and games from the mobile’s marketplace. The issue is that the store only has a small number of applications, and the majority of them are available via in-app purchases. However, you can now install apk on your Nokia Lumia, which is a smartphone with a windowed operating system. There aren’t many twists and turns; simply follow the instructions as shown below.
Why you need APK on Nokia Lumia?
As you can see, the window phone’s app store has a restricted free app capacity because to the complexity of the window software. Developer prefers to publish and develop Android and iOS apps, which are the most popular operating systems on cellphones. You may now run the apk on your Nokia Lumia smartphone. Some software developers are concerned about this issue and release apps that allow you to install the apk on your Windows phone.
Although the Nokia Lumia series run on operating systems that don’t support Android applications, they do so with fewer limitations. However, if you want to utilize any program on your Windows device, there are a few techniques you must employ. To begin with, you’ll need several apps that aren’t especially necessary. You’ll also need to run some advanced commands and go through a bit of additional procedure. However, if you follow the steps, it will be simple to complete without any errors or difficulties other than what is stated above.
How to install APK on Nokia Lumia?
The Microsoft designed the user interface of these phones, which has some barriers to entering the developer mode. Before we can start, you’ll need to adjust a few settings.:
- You required some additional software for the run apk on Nokia Lumia.
- Download Android SDK ADB tool and connect from here.
- Change the phone’s settings until the download is complete.
- Firstly, you have to fix some settings to allow the external sources data to the window phone.
- To do so, go to the Phone Settings page.
- At the top of the page, you’ll see a link labeled “For Developers.” Click it and go to the developer’s website. The update & security option is shown below.
- You will get a couple of options on next page. Select For Developers option.
- You will see the option Developer Mode that you have to turn ON as well as the Device Discovery given below over there.
- Both programs may now be installed, though it’s possible that they’re not yet fully operational.
- The download file will be in the zip file that you have to unzip in any specified folder.
- Open the folder where you unzip files and install IpOverUsbInstaller.msi and vcredist_x86.exe
- Navigate to the extracted folder of wconnect and launch the command prompt.
- You can connect your windows phone to pc in two ways but USB mode is recommended.
- When you first connect the phone, it will ask you to give it a paring code. After entering the paring code and hitting enter, it will display a list of contacts.
- Copy the ADB folder from your unzipped Android SDK into a new folder. From there, use the command prompt to open it.
- To verify whether your device is linked or not, execute adb devices and hit the enter key. The list of connected devices will appear over there if you want to check whether your device is linked or not.
- Now, move the apk file in the ADB folder (Same directory) that you want to install by typing adb install apkname.apk (replace apkname with your apk file’s name)
- Wait for all of the processes to finish and then you may install apk on your Nokia Lumia. (Windows Phone).
[su_note note_color=”#fffb66″ text_color=”484848″]Note: This is the full unapproved technique for upgrading Windows. However, you may try it since you are aware of the risks involved.[/su_note]
Windows phones are not as popular as Android. However, if you want to use your Android apps on your Windows device, it doesn’t seem very practical. The mobile operating system might crash or be damaged by this. We don’t recommend doing this. This post is solely for educational purposes. In the comment area, please share your knowledge on how to install an apk on a Nokia Lumia phone.