[su_note note_color=”#fffb66″ text_color=”484848″]Introduction: The Android Emulator can be used to install APK files. Here’s a step-by-step guide for installing APKs on the Android Emulator. You may install apk files on the Android Emulator by following these steps.[/su_note]
How to Install Apk on Android Emulator
Let’s read the basics of android emulator, why you need android emulator and how to setup android emulator.
What is Android Emulator?
Android Emulator is a program that runs on Windows to test newly created apps, rather than having to transfer the apk onto your Android device. It’s very handy and simple to use for Android app developers. It may be freely accessed on the developer’s website. If you want to know how to get Apk on an Android emulator, keep reading.
Why you need Android Emulator?
The format of the new Android application is apk. You may observe how the app was installed on your Android device. However, if you make any modifications to your program, you won’t be able to install it onto your device because it would take too long. You require an app that can install apk files and show you the best outcomes.
The application is completely free, as you can see above. There is no need to spend money on this software to download or utilize it. It’s a good idea for developers to have access to this incredible tool so they may test their planned application in real time. The Android emulator makes testing your app in the actual environment very simple for the developers.
How to Setup Android Emulator?
To begin, you’ll need an Android Emulator to install the apps on your smartphone. The Android Emulator may be downloaded for free from the internet. Let’s get this party started by downloading and installing the Android Emulator:
- Download the Android SDK from android.com/sdk/
- Keep your eye on that you include the path of /tools folder in SDK installation folder in My Computer-> Right Click from Mouse-> Advanced Tab -> Environmental Variables-> System Variables-> Path Variables
- Now SDK is successfully installed. You can run the emulator.
To run the emulator, you must select an AVD (Android Virtual Device) and then create an AVD to designate a target.Go to search bar and make the search for CMD.
- Command Prompt will open there.
- You have to go to the location of SDK installation folder and /tools folder.
- You can view the available targets by “android list targets” and press Enter.
- Now, you have to create an AVD type ‘android create avd –n myavd -t 2’ and press enter.
- This is where you tell the app that you are selecting a particular AVD. The following parameters are for the specified AVD name and target: –n is for the specified AVD name, and –t is for the chosen target.
- You have to place your new AVD in the list of AVD. For that, you have to command ‘android list avd’ and hit enter.
- At last, type ‘emulator –avd myavd’ and click enter button to run the emulator.
How to install Apk on Android Emulator?
Follow the steps below to set up and run the Android Emulator successfully.: –
- Download the desired apk file or if you already have then skipped it.
- You have to place apk file in /tools folder and navigate to cmd.
- After getting the file location, type “adb install my_android_app.apk” and press enter.
- You will see newly installed apps on the menu after finish installation.
The procedure is a little more time-consuming. However, as you practice with it, it will come naturally to you. You may also test the apk file on an Android device. However, you must transfer the apk file to your phone every time and the installation process takes time. After the app has been installed, you can utilize the application. In the following comment area, you may express your thoughts and ideas regarding this software.
A comment on "How to Install Apk on Android Emulator [Step by step]"